Definition of realize :
1. To acquire as an actual possession; to obtain as the result of plans and efforts; to gain; to get; as, to realize large profits from a speculation.
2. To cause to seem real; to impress upon the mind as actual; to feel vividly or strongly; to make one's own in apprehension or experience.
3. To convert any kind of property into money, especially property representing investments, as shares in stock companies, bonds, etc.
4. To convert into actual money; as, to realize assets.
5. To convert into real property; to make real estate of; as, to realize his fortune.
6. To make real; to convert from the imaginary or fictitious into the actual; to bring into concrete existence; to effectuate; to accomplish; as, to realize a scheme or project.
advance, ingest, go out, form, come across, agnize, gather, illuminate, pee-pee, get, effectuate, enlighten, lay down, clear up, run across, get ahead, look, embody, discharge, attend, see to it, authorize, get a line, carry out, take up, go through, name, sympathise, suck in, fulfil, consummate, fool, recognise, infer, crap, visualise, substantiate, work out, sympathize, know, soak up, build, micturate, net, transact, money, derive, make up, pay, consume, empathise, introduce, escort, draw, catch, view, sack up, yield, consider, give, fix, make out, crystallise, throw, pee, regard, pick up, visualize, perform, earn, wee, make water, gain ground, piss, invite, repay, make headway, imbibe, execute, get in, agnise, accomplish, make, attain, visit, gross, image, pass, pick out, shed light on, get wind, collect, attract, fetch, take a shit, bring, pull ahead, shit, dupe, elucidate, interpret, accredit, commit, ca-ca, body forth, take a leak, put one over, corroborate, witness, garner, confirm, finish, establish, apprehend, incarnate, put one across, hold, produce, score, encounter, acquire, exonerate, unclutter, reach, take a crap, ready, empathize, have, move in, suck, take, sack, clear, prepare, return, project, crystallize, perpetrate, top, suck up, straighten out, profit, reckon, affirm, constitute, control, date, puddle, support, check, ensure, nominate, discern, slang, urinate, receive, bring to pass, sustain, stimulate, piddle, tell apart, figure, make good, take-in, defecate, bring about, stool, pass water, examine, gull, light up, cook, work, get to, gather in, effect, create, find out, wee-wee, assure, distinguish, pull-in, take care, crystalize, make believe, adopt, pretend, actualise, construct, actualize, spend a penny, hear, see, translate, do, acknowledge, exculpate, insure, greet, hit, bring in, obtain, ascertain, fancy, get word, envision, experience, win, sell for, crystalise, go steady, cause, gain, meet, run into, benefit, cod, induce, materialize, complete, achieve, sop up, overhear, draw in, progress to, construe, assoil, carry through, relieve oneself, seduce, spot, arrive at, brighten, acquit, authorise, picture, pull, watch, put on, befool, sort out, realise
discover (part of speech: verb)
learn (part of speech: verb)
- " I realize it, too- and I'm ashamed of it. - "The Deluge", David Graham Phillips.
- I realize you've got a job ahead of you, Son, wrote the captain, but you can do it, if you will. - "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- You've just begun to realize how wonderful it is, just said to yourself 'This is life- this is what I was born for, ' when it's over. - "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.