Definition of rear:
- Being behind, or in the hindmost part; hindmost; as, the rear rank of a company.
- Early; soon.
- Specifically, the part of an army or fleet which comes last, or is stationed behind the rest.
- The back or hindmost part; that which is behind, or last in order; - opposed to front.
- To breed and raise; as, to rear cattle.
- To bring up to maturity, as young; to educate; to instruct; to foster; as, to rear offspring.
- To erect by building; to set up; to construct; as, to rear defenses or houses; to rear one government on the ruins of another.
- To lift and take up.
- To place in the rear; to secure the rear of.
- To raise; to lift up; to cause to rise, become erect, etc.; to elevate; as, to rear a monolith.
- To rise up on the hind legs, as a horse; to become erect.
- To rouse; to stir up.
kick upstairs, nominate, instal, cabbage, place, reverse, promote, leaven, behind, butt joint, keister, grow, back tooth, annul, ensnare, nates, filch, at someone's heels, buttocks, advert, tail end, cigaret, gore, prepare, over, female genitals, bring up, layabout, boot, climb, crumb, entrap, so-and-so, put, upgrade, foster, backside, elicit, parent, nooky, sustain, cornerstone, go up, suffer, female genitalia, lay out, enkindle, put forward, edge, conjure, loafer, precede, rachis, foot, recruit, backbone, gear up, pitch, bottomland, lift, wind, poop, stand, potty, roll in the hay, idler, arsehole, stir, rise, screwing, stub, groundwork, goat, erect, found, hobo, rearward, face-lift, order, pilfer, resurrect, piece of tail, countermand, establish, understructure, bed, name, install, opposite, lav, hinder, dorsum, nookie, quarter, freighter, offer, hook, farm, tooshie, ascend, privy, rescind, move up, skunk, bite, shadow, can, uprise, merchantman, shadower, produce, spine, stomach, buns, frame, stick out, reboot, fire, sneak, kindle, in front, spring up, bun, merchant ship, digest, stinkpot, bunghole, do-nothing, set, vertebral column, female genital organ, up front, tin, butt end, advance, domiciliate, custodial, get up, arrange, rustle, house, launch, underside, brim, empennage, pick up, plagiarize, arise, cast, wax, derriere, laughingstock, bottom, assemble, fix, put together, hindquarters, abide, bathroom, spinal column, endure, pot, stern, stooge, john, beach, fundament, put in, repeal, conjure up, coffin nail, back, set up, rear-end, burrow, piece of ass, nobble, canful, rebel, piece, tack, throne, target, arse, tail, come up, hind end, raise, snarf, develop, prove, frisk, effect, contribute, stool, git, tramp, toilet, originate, basis, rearmost, buttock, airlift, kick up, bottom of the inning, invoke, custody, shag, corner, tack together, rein, seat, cheek, soar, arouse, tag end, put-up, back seat, prat, call forth, stand up, cover, bevel, base, potty-train, plagiarise, rat, in the background, puke, aft, tush, call down, book binding, posterior, cigarette, refer, rise up, lowlife, foundation, the empty nest, post, revoke, back end, mention, effectuate, nurture, bear, evoke, commode, backrest, shtup, can buoy, heave, purloin, ready, postern, hothouse, rotter, pinch, abstract, jump, croupe, provide, tolerate, crapper, screw, mount, swipe, enhance, brook, claw, after, stinker, rump, after part, butt, rig, dirty dog, provoke, fag end, nourish, surface, fanny, cite, ass, face, bump, croup, levy, binding, tin can, past, bum, substructure, bristle, undersurface, climb up, buck, vacate, overturn, confines, turn out, support, asshole, lavatory, scum bag, apex, tail assembly.
- back (part of speech: noun)
- rear (part of speech: noun)
- elevate (part of speech: verb)
- "The Wheel O' Fortune", Louis Tracy.
- "Mystery Ranch", Arthur Chapman.
- "Penny Nichols Finds a Clue", Joan Clark.