Definition of rebuff:
opposition (part of speech: noun)
- oppose (part of speech: verb)
- recoil (part of speech: verb)
- repulse (part of speech: verb)
- resist (part of speech: verb)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "How to Speak and Write Correctly", Joseph Devlin.
Thus they conversed, and the Countess too took part, now sensible, now confused; Klaus Heinrich took considerable pains not to rebuff or chill her by his manner, and addressed her as " Frau Meier" whenever she appeared to think it necessary for her protection against the plots of the wicked women.- "Royal Highness", Thomas Mann.