Definition of receding:
- decreasing (part of speech: verb)
- recessive (part of speech: adjective)
- relapsing (part of speech: verb)
- receding (part of speech: verb)
- "The Tenants of Malory Volume 1 of 3", Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.
If you are a brunette, with fairly prominent brows and somewhat sloping forehead, a chin prominent at the lower point and receding upward toward the mouth; if your head is high and square behind; if your fingers are long and square- tipped; if your flesh is elastic or hard in consistency, then you can trust yourself to take responsibility for things in which seeming trifles may be of the highest importance.- "Analyzing Character", Katherine M. H. Blackford and Arthur Newcomb.
- "Divine-Comedy-Longfellow-s-Translation-Complete", Dante Alighieri.