Definition of recital:
- A telling in detail and due order of the particulars of anything, as of a law, an adventure, or a series of events; narration.
- A vocal or instrumental performance by one person; - distinguished from concert; as, a song recital; an organ, piano, or violin recital.
- That which is recited; a story; a narration.
- The act of reciting; the repetition of the words of another, or of a document; rehearsal; as, the recital of testimony.
- The formal statement, or setting forth, of some matter of fact in any deed or writing in order to explain the reasons on which the transaction is founded; the statement of matter in pleading introductory to some positive allegation.
drill, practice session, practice, story, meter reading, yarn, memoir, tale, reading material, narration, performance, interpretation, show, recitation, annals, version, exercise, report, reading, indication, course session, archives, concert, presentation, thread, program, memorial, class period, muniment.
chronicle (part of speech: noun)
- "The Gun-Brand", James B. Hendryx.
There is so little entertaining in the incidents of my life, said he, that I am sure the recital will not recompense your attention; but, since you discover an inclination to know them I understand my duty too well to disappoint your desire.- "The Adventures of Roderick Random", Tobias Smollett.
- "A Drama on the Seashore", Honore de Balzac.