Definition of reckless:
careless, headlong, unheeding, hell-for-leather, careful, devil-may-care, foolhardy, harum-scarum, ill-considered, heedless, unthinking, madcap, mindless, rash, feckless, kamikaze, foolish, shallow, unconsidered, improvident, heady, bold, intoxicating, undiscriminating, hasty, precipitate, overconfident, judicious, temerarious, precipitant, wise, unconcerned, overbold.
- excitable (part of speech: adjective)
- rash (part of speech: adjective)
- reckless (part of speech: adjective)
- neglectful (part of speech: adjective)
His short legs stuck out straight from his saddle, and sometimes there was danger that he would be shot out of his seat at some sharp turn in the road, but much to the astonishment of everybody, the hard- riding reckless youngster turned up at headquarters safe and sound every night, exhausted but flushed with the excitement of the day.- "Ten Boys from History", Kate Dickinson Sweetser.
- "Dorothy Dale at Glenwood School", Margaret Penrose.
- "Lady Audley's Secret", Mary Elizabeth Braddon.