Definition of recognize:
- To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation, bowing, or the like.
- To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to recognize a consul.
- To enter an obligation of record before a proper tribunal; as, A B recognized in the sum of twenty dollars.
- To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge of.
- To reconnoiter.
- To review; to reexamine.
- To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a testimonial.
confess, mark, receipt, cut, verify, actualise, cognise, remember, sanction, own, neck, secernate, describe, deal, issue, distinguish, accredit, roll in the hay, come, select, take in, affirm, fill out, earn, admit, discern, sleep with, have sex, grapple, realize, lie with, name, screw, greet, agnise, experience, clear, place, substantiate, jazz, have intercourse, differentiate, tell apart, make out, pull in, fleck, recognise, manage, know, key, get it on, have it off, descry, sight, certify, do, make do, spy, hump, notice, bang, have it away, finger, separate, blemish, knowledge, recall, bring in, key out, espy, see, complete, appreciate, signalise, accept, bonk, acknowledge, blob, avow, have a go at it, blot, make, credit, pick out, agnize, contend, recollect, severalise, eff, sleep together, tell, pinpoint, severalize, get laid, write out, bed, get along, endorse, live, fare, gain, secern, approve, concede, make love, get by, actualize, cope, fill in, allow, spot, grant, love, be intimate, choose, do it, signalize, cognize, realise, take.
- "A Girl in Ten Thousand", L. T. Meade.
- "Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch", Alice Caldwell Hegan.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.