Definition of recollect:
- A friar of the Strict Observance, - an order of Franciscans.
- Reflexively, to compose one's self; to recover self- command; as, to recollect one's self after a burst of anger; - sometimes, formerly, in the perfect participle.
- To recover or recall the knowledge of; to bring back to the mind or memory; to remember.
imagine, call up, come back, mean, bethink, cerebrate, revive, conceive, opine, phone, think, intend, believe, remember, ring, consider, think back, cogitate, cerebrate, reckon, commend, withdraw, call in, suppose, call-back, return, hark back, retrieve, commemorate, telephone, look back on, mobilize, call, mobilise, recover, recall, echo, regain, think of, retain, find, mind, guess, bring forward, bring to mind, rally, bring to mind.
- "Sintram and His Companions", Friedrich de la Motte Fouque Commentator: Charlotte M. Yonge.
- "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.