Definition of recommend:
- To commend to the favorable notice of another; to commit to another's care, confidence, or acceptance, with favoring representations; to put in a favorable light before any one; to bestow commendation on; as, he recommended resting the mind and exercising the body.
- To commit; to give in charge; to commend.
- To make acceptable; to attract favor to.
trust, disesteem, censure, advocate, commend, side with, second, agree to, leave, stand by, justify, celebrate, back, give over, repose, opinion, consign, transmit, delegate, vest, condone, consent, value, get behind, inspire, give someone a steer, urge on, mentor, remember, commit, magnify, prize, OK, give something/someone the green light, press, uphold, pass, speak well of, look kindly on something, recognize, esteem, promote, cheer, enjoin someone to do something, champion, transfer, confirm, plump for, turn over, hold up, accredit, entrust, support, would, favor, hand over, barrack, exhort, urge, laud, deliver, stand behind, hand, preach, pep up, confide, prescribe, root on.
- advise (part of speech: verb)
- praise (part of speech: verb)
- congratulate (part of speech: verb)
- "Green Fancy", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "Manual of American Grape-Growing", U. P. Hedrick.
- "The Fruit of the Tree", Edith Wharton.