Definition of recovery:
- Act of regaining the natural position after curtseying.
- Act of regaining the position of guard after making an attack.
- In rowing, the act of regaining the proper position for making a new stroke.
- Restoration from sickness, weakness, faintness, or the like; restoration from a condition of mistortune, of fright, etc.
- The act of recovering, regaining, or retaking possession.
- The getting, or gaining, of something not previously had.
- The obtaining in a suit at law of a right to something by a verdict and judgment of court.
get, healing, readjustment, recapture, revivification, compensation, renewal, reconstruction, rehabilitation, health, resurrection, reparation, rebirth, recreation, repossession, comeback, reformation, rally, win, redemption, regeneration, reclamation, improving, recoup, restoration, replacement, betterment, rescue, resurgence, improvement, resuscitation, reimbursement, remuneration, recall, indemnification, rejuvenation, renascence, renaissance, convalescence, cure, recuperation, resumption, revival, approach, retrieval, return.
- "A Girl in Ten Thousand", L. T. Meade.
For the peace of Europe, it is best that the King should give such gleamings of recovery, as would prevent the regent or his ministry from thinking themselves firm, and yet, that he should not recover.- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- "The Genius", Margaret Horton Potter.