Definition of recuperate:
reimburse, date back, recruit, repossess, recur, mend, get back, come back, redeem, improve, regain, reestablish, perk up, survive, convalesce, date from, nurse, recoverable, win back, be cured _or_ healed, find, go back, resume, strengthen, respond, retrieve, withhold, deduct, recover, reanimate, pull round, recoup, health, gain, fight off, be restored, snap back, shake, reclaim.
- heal (part of speech: verb)
- refresh (part of speech: verb)
- "The Man Upstairs and Other Stories", P. G. Wodehouse.
- "Oh, Money! Money!", Eleanor Hodgman Porter.
- "The Chronicles of Clovis", Saki.