Definition of redwood :
1. A gigantic coniferous tree ( Sequoia sempervirens) of California, and its light and durable reddish timber. See Sequoia.
2. An East Indian dyewood, obtained from Pterocarpus santalinus, Caesalpinia Sappan, and several other trees.
trees (part of speech: noun)
tree (part of speech: noun)
cypress, elm, rosewood, pine, tamarack, magnolia, butternut, larch, balsa, laurel, acacia, mountain ash, cassia, dogwood, avocado, yew, quince, banyan, balsam, maple, weeping willow, willow, mimosa, peach, sycamore, gum, cashew, pear, oak, ebony, fir, lemon, lime, teak, ironwood, poplar, mulberry, fig, sequoia, almond, orange, eucalyptus, papaya, breadfruit, spruce, coconut, apple, chestnut, citron, juniper, apricot, locust, ash, linden, alder, sandalwood, mahogany, palm, cedar, aspen, elder, cottonwood, beech, cherry, pecan, mangrove, tree, walnut, birch, hickory
wood (part of speech: noun)
- As they neared the opened door of what appeared to be a four- roomed, unpainted, redwood boarded cabin, the passenger who had occupied the seat near the window said,- " I'll go first and sample the shanty." - "From Sand Hill to Pine", Bret Harte.
- Thank you, Miss Redwood. - "Opportunities", Susan Warner.
- Miss Redwood, she said, did you change your mind again about Mrs. Eldridge? - "Opportunities", Susan Warner.