Definition of reenforce:
- An additional thickness of canvas, cloth, or the like, around an eyelet, buttonhole, etc.
- Something which reenforces or strengthens.
- To strengthen with new force, assistance, material, or support; as, to reenforce an argument; to reenforce a garment; especially, to strengthen with additional troops, as an army or a fort, or with additional ships, as a fleet.
- "The Inside of the Cup, Volume 5", Winston Churchill.
If the enemy be repulsed in one attack, he would have nothing to do but to retreat to his own side of the line, and, being in no fear of a pursuing army, may reenforce himself at leisure for another attack on the same or some other post.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.