Definition of refund :
1. To fund again or anew; to replace ( a fund or loan) by a new fund; as, to refund a railroad loan.
2. To give back; to repay; to restore.
3. To pour back.
4. To supply again with funds; to reimburse.
requite, pay back, acquittance, reelect, riposte, payment for expenses, invest in, fall, hark back, amount, put up, regress, deliver, bear the cost/expense etc., finance, cash flow, bring back, allowance, consolation, turn back, render, take back, quittance, retrovert, rejoin, pass, satisfaction, pay out, appropriation, bounty, money back, restitute, give back, budget, blood money, bailout, devolve, fund, bond, spend, come back, give, retort, yield, generate, change, revert, recall
pay (part of speech: verb)
discounted price (part of speech: noun)
payment (part of speech: noun)
recompense (part of speech: verb)
restitution (part of speech: noun)
- " I hope, sir," said the steward, conscience- stricken and appalled,-" I hope you will not ruin me; indeed, indeed, if I was called upon to refund, I should go to jail." - "Alice, or The Mysteries, Book II", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
- Having thus broken the ice Mr Donnithorne went on with much volubility of utterance and exasperation of tone to explain that legal proceedings had been instituted for the recovery of the jewels which he had purchased from the fishermen; that things seemed almost certain to go against him; and that in all probability he should be compelled to sell his estate in order to refund the money. - "Deep Down, a Tale of the Cornish Mines", R.M. Ballantyne.
- Provision should also be made for the refund of additional taxes heretofore collected because of such infractions in those cases where the penalty imposed has been so disproportionate to the offense as equitably to demand relief. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.