Definition of refunded:
Synonyms for refunded:
- recompensed (part of speech: verb)
- paid (part of speech: verb)
- restituted (part of speech: adjective)
The Hoo- poo or collector was therefore requested to return this sum agreeably to the order from court, but he refunded only into Mr. Browne's hands 14, 000 dollars, which can be reckoned as little more than 11, 000 ounces, observing, that so much was the exact amount of the Emperor's duties.- "Travels in China, Containing Descriptions, Observations, and Comparisons, Made and Collected in the Course of a Short Residence at the Imperial Palace of Yuen-Min-Yuen, and on a Subsequent Journey through the Country from Pekin to Canton", John Barrow.
- "Sube Cane", Edward Bellamy Partridge.
- "Inventors", Philip Gengembre Hubert.