Definition of regenerate:
- Born anew; become Christian; renovated in heart; changed from a natural to a spiritual state.
- Hence, to make a radical change for the better in the character or condition of; as, to regenerate society.
- To cause to be spiritually born anew; to cause to become a Christian; to convert from sin to holiness; to implant holy affections in the heart of.
- To generate or produce anew; to reproduce; to give new life, strength, or vigor to.
reincarnate, optimization, domesticate, mend, chloroplast, straighten out, revive, rectify, born-again, domesticize, remedy, see the light, boost, culture, recreate, reanimate, rewake, repossess, refreshen, cell, resuscitate, right, converted, rehabilitate, enrich, improve, resurrect, cellular, enhance, rekindle, rewaken, reinstate, recover, fix, amend, cytology, reborn, renew, refresh, doctor, recharge, revivify, correct, -celled, reconstruct, restore, freshen, habilitate, remediate, revitalize, reformed, refine, revitalise, reclaim, cell wall, bushel, touch on, culture medium, improve on, cell membrane, redeem, tame, restitute, repair, reestablish, lift, rejuvenate, domesticise, furbish up.
Oh thou the earthy author of my blood, Whose youthfull spirit in me regenerate, Doth with a two- fold rigor lift mee vp To reach at victory aboue my head, Adde proofe vnto mine Armour with thy prayres, And with thy blessings steele my Lances point, That it may enter Mowbrayes waxen Coate, And furnish new the name of Iohn a Gaunt, Euen in the lusty hauiour of his sonne Gaunt.- "Richard-II", Shakespeare, William.
- "In His Steps", Charles M. Sheldon.
- "How and When to Be Your Own Doctor", Dr. Isabelle A. Moser with Steve Solomon.