Definition of regulation :
1. A rule or order prescribed for management or government; prescription; a regulating principle; a governing direction; precept; law; as, the regulations of a society or a school.
2. The act of regulating, or the state of being regulated.
rule, direction, morals, governing, ordination, systematization, regimentation, surveillance, regularization, edict, running, standard, management, custom, standards, formula, moderation, oversight, command, demarcation, prescript, jurisprudence, reconciliation, linguistic rule, normal, constriction, dictate, handling, arrangement, etiquette, prescription, practice, classification, superintendency, supervision, regularisation, containment, operation, organization, adjustment, ethics, reorganization, mandate, governance, administration, dominion, headship, standardization, manners, charge, trick or treat, bylaw, conscience, law, economy, limitation, freeze, ground rule, the proprieties, intendance, ordinance, institution, government, superintendence, convention, precept, rubric, presidency, ruler, reg, statute, decree, canon, local color, guidance, legacy, code, settlement, principle, disposition, regulating, pattern, commandment, curtailment, restriction, marginalization, tradition, institute, care, control, stewardship, legislation, polity, order, mores, enactment
- These two things, therefore, food and children, were what men chiefly sought to procure by the performance of magical rites for the regulation of the seasons.
- Bryan's adherents were not permitted to hold frequent meetings, and in trying to evade this regulation by assembling in the swamps, they ran the risk of rigid discipline. - "The History of the Negro Church", Carter Godwin Woodson.
- I understand that a regulation rifle was used? - "Bat Wing", Sax Rohmer.