Definition of reimbursement:
- payment (part of speech: noun)
- compensation (part of speech: noun)
- restitution (part of speech: noun)
This monstrous anomaly sprang from the prodigality of a ruined and spendthrift monarch, and the vanity of certain citizens whose fathers possessed money; and the wretched abuse has always been weakly attacked, because it was felt that reimbursement would be difficult.- "A Philosophical Dictionary, Volume 7 (of 10) From "The Works of Voltaire - A Contemporary Version"", François-Marie Arouet (AKA Voltaire) Commentator: John Morley Tobias Smollett H.G. Leigh.
- "Cap'n Warren's Wards", Joseph C. Lincoln.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.