Definition of rein:
- Hence, an instrument or means of curbing, restraining, or governing; government; restraint.
- The strap of a bridle, fastened to the curb or snaffle on each side, by which the rider or driver governs the horse.
- To be guided by reins.
- To govern or direct with the reins; as, to rein a horse one way or another.
- To restrain; to control; to check.
govern, harness, draw rein, brake, predominate, dominate, halter, restrain, bridle, restraint, constrain, keep back, tackle, line, prevail, rein in, hold in, Back, hold down, reign, hold, decree, check, hold back, inhibit, pull in, keep, find, curb, in, rule, control.
- "King--of the Khyber Rifles", Talbot Mundy.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.
- "The Emigrant Trail", Geraldine Bonner.