Definition of rejoin :
1. To answer to a reply.
2. To answer, as the defendant to the plaintiff's replication.
3. To come, or go, again into the presence of; to join the company of again.
4. To join again; to unite after separation.
5. To state in reply; - followed by an object clause.
retort, tie, baton, bring back, admit, revert, pin, requite, yield, render, repay, regress, go over to, answer, generate, land, write back, attach, fall, fasten, dead heat, from, recall, false start, secure, inaugurate, pass, co-opt, clock, accept, respond, hark back, give, come back, turn back, entrance, fix, clip, join, get in, drop back, arrive, ahead, belong to, reach, devolve, reward, take back, admission, counter, riposte, dash, come in, screw, talk back, appear, reply, get, return, reelect, ask, come, deliver, retrovert, pay back, connect, dues, the blocks, draw in, answer back, enter, give back, refund
confute (part of speech: verb)
- Ned, you will be in charge in the waist until I rejoin you. - "By Pike and Dyke: A Tale of the Rise of the Dutch Republic", G.A. Henty.
- The recall being sounded, Adair with his party was compelled to rejoin the main body; indeed, he saw too clearly that any attempt to rescue the youngsters would be useless. - "The Three Lieutenants", W.H.G. Kingston.
- In the meantime Monica, determined to rejoin her son, arrived in Milan. - "Life of Saint Monica", F. A. (Frances Alice) Forbes.