Definition of relative:
- A person connected by blood or affinity; strictly, one allied by blood; a relation; a kinsman or kinswoman.
- A relative pronoun; a word which relates to, or represents, another word or phrase, called its antecedent; as, the relatives who, which, that.
- Arising from relation; resulting from connection with, or reference to, something else; not absolute.
- Characterizing or pertaining to chords and keys, which, by reason of the identify of some of their tones, admit of a natural transition from one to the other.
- Having relation or reference; referring; respecting; standing in connection; pertaining; as, arguments not relative to the subject.
- Indicating or expressing relation; refering to an antecedent; as, a relative pronoun.
- One who, or that which, relates to, or is considered in its relation to, something else; a relative object or term; one of two object or term; one of two objects directly connected by any relation.
congeneric, sex act, relation back, proportional, congress, coition, telling, kinswoman, proportionate, congenator, relation, subject, recounting, comparative, copulation, sexual congress, contingent, congener, conditioned, intercourse, same, carnal knowledge, qualifying, conditional, reliant, kinsman, start, coitus, relational, dependent, sexual intercourse, sexual relation.
- comparative (part of speech: adjective)
- kinship (part of speech: noun)
- related (part of speech: verb)
- kindred (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.
- "Viking Boys", Jessie Margaret Edmondston Saxby.
- "Sweethearts at Home", S. R. Crockett.