Definition of release:
- A catch on a motor- starting rheostat, which automatically releases the rheostat arm and so stops the motor in case of a break in the field circuit; also, the catch on an electromagnetic circuit breaker for a motor, which acts in case of an overload.
- A device adapted to hold or release a device or mechanism as required;
- A giving up or relinquishment of some right or claim; a conveyance of a man's right in lands or tenements to another who has some estate in possession; a quitclaim.
- Discharge from obligation or responsibility, as from debt, penalty, or claim of any kind; acquittance.
- In the block- signaling system, a printed card conveying information and instructions to be used at intermediate sidings without telegraphic stations.
- Relief from care, pain, or any burden.
- The act of letting loose or freeing, or the state of being let loose or freed; liberation or discharge from restraint of any kind, as from confinement or bondage.
- The act of opening the exhaust port to allow the steam to escape.
- The act or manner of ending a sound.
- To lease again; to grant a new lease of; to let back.
- To let go, as a legal claim; to discharge or relinquish a right to, as lands or tenements, by conveying to another who has some right or estate in possession, as when the person in remainder releases his right to the tenant in possession; to quit.
- To let loose again; to set free from restraint, confinement, or servitude; to give liberty to, or to set at liberty; to let go.
- To loosen; to relax; to remove the obligation of; as, to release an ordinance.
- To relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses, as from pain, trouble, obligation, penalty.
inflammation, drop out, sprain, unloosen, deviation, give, kick out, twist, divulge, mercantile establishment, loss, turf out, passing play, give off, relinquish, reconcile, set down, lighting, sacking, volcano, anaesthetise, dissolve, come out, propaganda, electrical outlet, sledding, electric outlet, boot, blowhole, rout, change by reversal, introduce, extend, exit, dismission, expiry, fire, passage, melt, let go, passing, discharge, issue, move around, anesthetise, sour, become, sap, squeeze out, eat, paper bag, shake, turn out, print, anaesthetize, breathing out, run through, resign, kindling, make out, shift, spill, squirt, cede, inconvenience, pocket, bother, smother, uncover, tone ending, thaw, carrier bag, firing off, departure, electric arc, fall by the wayside, deplete, outpouring, sales outlet, keep, put out, unwrap, eat up, divergence, turn, put down, grow, passing game, get out, cease, rick, stretch out, drum out, venting, secrete, arc, beat, let out, give forth, chuck out, eject, set off, free, let go of, foreswear, empty, spring, stretch forth, deform, wrench, consume, bounce, go forth, leave office, write, acquittance, manumit, termination, chuck up the sponge, unfreeze, terminate, waiver, qualifying, electric discharge, pouch, incommode, tire, trouble, throw out, chemise, press release, spillway, oust, loose, bagging, sackful, wasteweir, venthole, expel, complete, assoil, ferment, unloose, step down, come forth, handout, difference, personnel casualty, put under, deprivation, go off, write out, can, rout out, electric receptacle, stop, wipe out, poke, kick, give up, unload, tucker, pink slip, exhalation, red, plough, let off, expiration, produce, run, let on, going, work, drop by the wayside, vent-hole, relax, push button, way out, give out, retire, move, plow, egress, flex, spare, bring out, emerge, unthaw, shake off, hammock, outlet, publicity, retail store, muster out, justify, fall, discover, send forth, unburden, exhaust, call on, emit, discontinue, wall socket, give away, sacque, turn over, dismissal, disembarrass, exsert, unveil, clit, freeing, dispense with, dislodge, sack, spillage, throw overboard, run down, anesthetize, disoblige, liberate, dethaw, throw in the towel, submit, change state, going away, wrick, wall plug, douse, exclude, throw in, wash up, use up, bring on, lay off, throw off, publish, force out, liberation, forego, expelling, cashier, forfeit, tumble, push, unblock, supply, cut, drop off, red ink, boot out, tucker out, judgement of dismissal, judgment of dismissal, ignition, pass, ax, reverse, overtaking, sac, hold out, firing, leaving, spark, discommode, play out, button, clitoris, bend, disburden, emission.
- dismissal (part of speech: noun)
- loosen (part of speech: verb)
- open (part of speech: verb)
- acquittal (part of speech: noun)
- liberate (part of speech: verb)
- slacken (part of speech: verb)
- relinquish (part of speech: verb)
- catharsis (part of speech: noun)
- acquit (part of speech: verb)
- news (part of speech: noun)
- riddance (part of speech: noun)
- death (part of speech: noun)
- free (part of speech: verb)
- dismiss (part of speech: verb)
- relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
- permit (part of speech: verb)
- rid (part of speech: verb)
- liberation (part of speech: noun)
- freedom (part of speech: noun)
- "The Tempering", Charles Neville Buck.
- "Dave Dashaway and his Hydroplane", Roy Rockwood.
- "The Wheel O' Fortune", Louis Tracy.