Definition of reliance :
1. Anything on which to rely; dependence; ground of trust; as, the boat was a poor reliance.
2. The act of relying, or the condition or quality of being reliant; dependence; confidence; trust; repose of mind upon what is deemed sufficient support or authority.
- Both showed a degree of self- reliance unusual, at their age; but the architect's was the assurance which a man gains by toil and his own merit, Dion's that which is bestowed by large possession and a high position in society. - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- It has long been our chief reliance for rapid traveling. - "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World", James Cowan.
- He had ever felt a stronger reliance upon the support of France than upon that of any other power. - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.