Definition of relinquish:
foreswear, demit, surrender, cede, waive, spare, unblock, allow, expel, disengage, predate, retract, unloosen, forego, antedate, issue, retire from, eject, renounce, take leave, forfeit, exempt, relieve, exhaust, turn, unfreeze, quitclaim, throw overboard, dispense with, free, continue, forgo, cast off, yield, deliver, leave off, put out, absolve, swear off, recant, depart from, step down, publish, release, quit, break off, lay off, keep, dislodge, chuck up the sponge, depart, hand over, precede, drop by the wayside, loose, throw in, reconcile, render, justify, antecede, drop out, discharge, remit, liberate, resign, leave office, lay down, fall by the wayside, throw in the towel, repudiate, forswear, disembarrass, withdraw from, unloose, kick, abjure, let go, secrete, bring out, submit, let go of.
- give up (part of speech: verb)
- relinquish (part of speech: verb)
- abandon (part of speech: verb)
renounce (part of speech: verb)
- study at waive
- rid (part of speech: verb)
- resign (part of speech: verb)
- "Studies in Civics", James T. McCleary.
- "Sketches of Reforms and Reformers, of Great Britain and Ireland", Henry B. Stanton.
- "Weird Tales. Vol. I", E. T. A. Hoffmann.