Definition of remain :
1. State of remaining; stay.
2. That which is left of a human being after the life is gone; relics; a dead body.
3. That which is left; relic; remainder; - chiefly in the plural.
4. The posthumous works or productions, esp. literary works, of one who is dead; as, Cecil's
5. To await; to be left to.
6. To continue unchanged in place, form, or condition, or undiminished in quantity; to abide; to stay; to endure; to last.
7. To stay behind while others withdraw; to be left after others have been removed or destroyed; to be left after a number or quantity has been subtracted or cut off; to be left as not included or comprised.
expect, cover, repose, ride out, survive, dwell, breathe, hang in, bear on, pillow, proceed, stick around, await, anticipate, lie, last out, go forward, sit out, settle, keep, sojourn, lodge, live, bide, pause, perch, keep on, stay on, preserve, appease, delay, outlast, roost, quell, stop, watch, uphold, take a breather, persist in, run, confront, reside, stay put, hang on, die hard, leave, extend, inhabit, carry on, catch one's breath, rest, go along, stick, outride, hold out, outlive, detain, hold on, hold over, retain
abide (part of speech: verb)
remain (part of speech: verb)