Definition of remain:
- State of remaining; stay.
- That which is left of a human being after the life is gone; relics; a dead body.
- That which is left; relic; remainder; - chiefly in the plural.
- The posthumous works or productions, esp. literary works, of one who is dead; as, Cecil's
- To await; to be left to.
- To continue unchanged in place, form, or condition, or undiminished in quantity; to abide; to stay; to endure; to last.
- To stay behind while others withdraw; to be left after others have been removed or destroyed; to be left after a number or quantity has been subtracted or cut off; to be left as not included or comprised.
go along, hold on, pillow, confront, hold over, roost, quell, sojourn, lodge, bear on, lie, detain, sit out, carry on, last out, anticipate, proceed, retain, pause, perch, live, stick around, appease, expect, rest, keep, hang on, survive, stay put, die hard, outlast, delay, preserve, go forward, stay, take a breather, persist, breathe, catch one's breath, cover, settle, run, stick, repose, watch, bide, continue, stay on, hold out, ride out, inhabit, hang in, reside, persist in, outlive, await, uphold, extend, stop, outride, keep on, leave, dwell.