Definition of remainder:
- An estate in expectancy, generally in land, which becomes an estate in possession upon the determination of a particular prior estate, created at the same time, and by the same instrument; for example, if land be conveyed to A for life, and on his death to B, A's life interest is a particuar estate, and B's interest is a remainder, or estate in remainder.
- Anything that remains, or is left, after the separation and removal of a part; residue; remnant.
- Remaining; left; left over; refuse.
- The quantity or sum that is left after subtraction, or after any deduction.
quietus, waste, deal, balance, handle, counterbalance, last, counterweight, rest, relic, traffic, scrap, common multiple, fence, relaxation, trade, oddity, eternal rest, equilibrium, blook, remains, residuum, autobiography, leftover, ending, repose, overplus, excess, junk, end, remaindered portion, bestseller, trash, base, dispute, common factor, authority, sleep, curio, conflict, respite, divergence, biography, symmetricalness, conclusion, cube, almanac, small piece, difference, equalizer, eternal sleep, symmetry, oddment, arithmetic progression, receive, balance wheel, departure, whatever is left, cube root, odds and ends, deviation, Arabic numeral, overage, rest period, proportionality, difference of opinion, leavings, deal in, surplus, barter, carryover, closing, stub, rarity, residual, salvage, goal, final stage, close, constant, landfill, curiosity, correspondence, ruin, annual, peculiarity, terminal, garbage, anthology, residual portion, equaliser, relief, ease, destruction, proportion, counterpoise, residue, computation, deal with, death, atlas, e-waste, litter, remnant, fragment, bible, coefficient, fag end, equipoise.
- "A Voyage Towards the South Pole and Round the World, Volume 1", James Cook.
- "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Return of Tarzan", Edgar Rice Burroughs.