Definition of remember :
1. To be capable of recalling when required; to keep in mind; to be continually aware or thoughtful of; to preserve fresh in the memory; to attend to; to think of with gratitude, affection, respect, or any other emotion.
2. To execise or have the power of memory; as, some remember better than others.
3. To have ( a notion or idea) come into the mind again, as previously perceived, known, or felt; to have a renewed apprehension of; to bring to mind again; to think of again; to recollect; as, I remember the fact; he remembers the events of his childhood; I cannot remember dates.
4. To mention.
5. To put in mind; to remind; - also used reflexively and impersonally.
6. To recall to the mind of another, as in the friendly messages, remember me to him, he wishes to be remembered to you, etc.
memorialise, recommend, take to be, entertain, dig up, reward, immortalise, look on, hatch, mobilize, echo, retrieve, conceive, spot, cogitate, think up, mind, rally, mobilise, esteem, mark, recover, treasure, memorialize, identify, withdraw, summon up, intend, disregard, call, regain, think back, neglect, imagine, call up, repute, commemorate, learn, ignore, ring, recognize, consider, commend, have in mind, regard as, reckon, call in, lose, come back, memorize, call-back, conjure up, toy with, master, hark back, find, flirt with, cerebrate, telephone, record, phone, cherish, think about, dream up, revive, return, go back, believe, retain, forget, bethink, bring forward, concoct, look upon, guess, think of, immortalize, think, recapture, get, suppose, mean, opine
remember (part of speech: verb)