Definition of remnant:
oddity, sign, closing, scrap, piece, relic, difference, shred, footstep, part, goal, rarity, balance, track, death, mark, memorial, ending, terminal, curiosity, residuum, conclusion, destruction, close, footprint, peculiarity, curio, trace, trail, strip, rest, remainder, last, footmark, end, remains, final stage, oddment, portion, token, leftover, leavings, impression.
- residual (part of speech: adjective)
- waste (part of speech: noun)
- residue (part of speech: noun)
- "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ", Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D..
I answered in the same tone, but with the most determined accent, This tyranny is intolerable, and I cannot submit to it; if, as you have often hinted to me, you have the power and the will to make me miserable,- to destroy the small remnant of happiness which I can ever enjoy,- do so!- "Ellen Middleton--A Tale", Georgiana Fullerton.
- "More Bywords", Charlotte M. Yonge.