Definition of remunerated:
- paid (part of speech: verb)
- restituted (part of speech: adjective)
- rewarded (part of speech: verb)
- recompensed (part of speech: verb)
- "Madeline Payne, the Detective's Daughter", Lawrence L. Lynch.
All this is true; but none the less the superintendents of asylums have a right to expect not only that their services shall be adequately remunerated when in harness, but that they may count with certainty upon a fair provision in the evening of life.- "Chapters in the History of the Insane in the British Isles", Daniel Hack Tuke.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.