Definition of remuneration:
requital, emolument, indemnity, net income, salary, substitute, quittance, net profit, lucre, indemnification, setoff, profits, earnings, hire, recompense, reparation, offset, satisfaction, wage, pay.
- payment (part of speech: noun)
- restitution (part of speech: noun)
- reward (part of speech: noun)
- receipt (part of speech: noun)
With respect to the additional charge on paper, if the author employs either publisher or printer to purchase it, they ought to receive a moderate remuneration for the risk, since they become responsible for the payment; but there is no reason why, if the author deals at once with the paper- maker, he should not purchase on the same terms as the printer; and if he choose, by paying ready money, not to avail himself of the long credit allowed in those trades, he ought to procure his paper considerably cheaper.- "On the Economy of Machinery and Manufactures", Charles Babbage.
- "Janet's Love and Service", Margaret M Robertson.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.