Definition of repair:
- Condition with respect to soundness, perfectness, etc.; as, a house in good, or bad, repair; the book is out of repair.
- Place to which one repairs; a haunt; a resort.
- Restoration to a sound or good state after decay, waste, injury, or partial restruction; supply of loss; reparation; as, materials are collected for the repair of a church or of a city.
- The act of repairing or resorting to a place.
- To go; to betake one's self; to resort; ass, to repair to sanctuary for safety.
- To make amends for, as for an injury, by an equivalent; to indemnify for; as, to repair a loss or damage.
- To restore to a sound or good state after decay, injury, dilapidation, or partial destruction; to renew; to restore; to mend; as, to repair a house, a road, a shoe, or a ship; to repair a shattered fortune.
- To return.
localisation, muddle, secure, fastener, pay back, maintenance, mend, health, holdfast, boost, kettle of fish, reanimate, come to, secureness, cleanse, reestablish, trim, speed up, regular, animise, refit, mending, speed, fettle, animize, localization, fasten, relate, reconstruct, whet, exalt, make, make better, revivify, heel, right, form, pay, advance, estate, renovate, refurbish, liven, even off, pertain, sophisticate, unsex, desexualize, renovation, holiday resort, reinstate, recompense, relieve, rejuvenate, make up, nick, better, help, new part, replacement, set up, quicken, deposit, vivify, amends, resort, even up, ready, heal, redress, renewal, touch on, mitigate, hangout, reformation, regenerate, resuscitate, play, animate, recourse, touch, fixture, restitute, haunt, enliven, jam, keeping, rehabilitation, doctor, emend, stamping ground, enhance, desexualise, resurrect, counterbalance, mess, purify, fix, determine, specify, substitution, ameliorate, amend, even out, get, concern, kilter, set, fastening, habitue, order, fall back, freshen up, sterilise, sterilize, do up, fixing, set right, fix up, fixity, impact, brazure, altering, locating, prepare, rectify, remediate, service, resort hotel, refine, situate, compensate, restored portion, neutering, fixedness, accelerate, revitalize, invigorate, affect, meliorate, restoration, doctor up, fixate, reparation, inspire, optimization, do-it-yourself, improvement, darn, indemnify, refer, restore, repairing, have-to doe with, reform, fixation, hole, remunerate, liven up, limit, revamp, shape, hearten, cheer, enrich, bear on, maintain, pickle, improve on, refuge, remedy, recreate, embolden, desex, fastness, bear upon, bushel, cook, running repair, overhaul, adjustment, recur, overcompensate, furbish up, gear up, location, revive, reclaim, define, servicing, soldering, posit, pay off, lift, cover.
- "The Siege of Boston", Allen French.
- "The Portal of Dreams", Charles Neville Buck.
- "The Red Symbol", John Ironside.