Definition of repay:
reinforce, honour, get even with, honor, settle up, wreak, pass, retrovert, recompense, gross, give back, draw, satisfy, take back, money, restitute, requite, make amends, revert, generate, forgiveness, indemnify, devolve, reelect, recall, return, pay back, give, vindicate, hark back, riposte, bring in, bring back, reward, gain, refund, settle with, earn, turn back, realize, yield, come back, retort, deliver, regress, punish, pay off, net, quit, produce, get, fix, render, clear, fall, rejoin.
- pay (part of speech: verb)
- retaliate (part of speech: verb)
- "The Crisis, Volume 7", Winston Churchill.
- "A Singer from the Sea", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.
- "Old Granny Fox", Thornton W. Burgess.