Definition of repeat:
- A mark, or series of dots, placed before and after, or often only at the end of, a passage to be repeated in performance.
- That which is repeated; as, the repeat of a pattern; that is, the repetition of the engraved figure on a roller by which an impression is produced ( as in calico printing, etc.).
- The act of repeating; repetition.
- To go over again; to attempt, do, make, or utter again; to iterate; to recite; as, to repeat an effort, an order, or a poem.
- To make trial of again; to undergo or encounter again.
- To repay or refund ( an excess received).
resort, assume, recapitulate, reappear, go over, bear, accept, go back, recur, harp on, double up, reecho, absorb, ingeminate, take over, rework, buy up, plagiarize, iterate, reconstruct, reform, rehash, same, take on, duplicate, arrogate, reprize, regurgitate, restate, reduplicate, echo, revolve, come again, excerpt, do over, take up, cite, geminate, retell, reciprocate, revert, return, borrow, seize, double over, remake, buy out, image, fictionalize, replicate, repetition, resound, usurp, reprise, renew, reoccur, double, extract, happen, redo, fictionalise, reiterate, rebound, fall back, repeating, retroflex, twin, adopt, ring, hold over, rehearse, recall, reverberate, paraphrase, relieve, recap.
- imitate (part of speech: verb)
- repeat (part of speech: verb)
- "Sidonia The Sorceress V1", William Mienhold.
- "Heidi", Johanna Spyri.
- "The Happy Foreigner", Enid Bagnold.