Definition of repent:
- Prostrate and rooting; - said of stems.
- Same as Reptant.
- To be sorry for sin as morally evil, and to seek forgiveness; to cease to love and practice sin.
- To cause to have sorrow or regret; - used impersonally.
- To change the mind, or the course of conduct, on account of regret or dissatisfaction.
- To feel pain on account of; to remember with sorrow.
- To feel pain, sorrow, or regret, for what one has done or omitted to do.
- To feel regret or sorrow; - used reflexively.
be caught with your pants down, deplore, feel bad (about something), blush, make a fool of yourself, atone, aby, cringe, regret, abye, feel awful, bemoan, rue, abye, lament, reproach yourself, wince, expiate, hang your head, be penitent, be ashamed of someone.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "Northern Lights", Gilbert Parker.
- "Pelle the Conqueror, Vol. 2", Martin Anderson Nexo.