Definition of replication:
counterpart, repercussion, getting even, replica, comeback, counter, tabulator, heel counter, issue, likeness, takings, riposte, reproductive memory, homecoming, sound reflection, SIMULACRE, income tax return, reduplication, simulacrum, retort, restitution, reproduction, facts of life, image, paying back, parry, reappearance, carbon copy, take, counterpunch, tax return, return, reverberation, rejoinder, echo, restoration, sideboard, return key, breeding, regaining, buffet, payoff, yield, same, coming back, proceeds.
- answer (part of speech: noun)
- repetition (part of speech: noun)
- reproduction (part of speech: noun)
- imitation (part of speech: noun)
- "Hills of the Shatemuc", Susan Warner.
- "Personal Reminiscences of Early Days in California with Other Sketches; To Which Is Added the Story of His Attempted Assassination by a Former Associate on the Supreme Bench of the State", Stephen Field; George C. Gorham.
For example, a creditor may have agreed with his debtor not to sue him for money due, and then have subsequently agreed with him that he shall be at liberty to do so; here if the creditor sues, and the debtor pleads that he ought not to be condemned on proof being given of the agreement not to sue, he bars the creditor's claim, for the plea is true, and remains so in spite of the subsequent agreement; but as it would be unjust that the creditor should be prevented from recovering, he will be allowed to plead a replication, based upon that agreement.- "The Institutes of Justinian", Caesar Flavius Justinian.