Definition of reproach:
- A cause of blame or censure; shame; disgrace.
- An object of blame, censure, scorn, or derision.
- The act of reproaching; censure mingled with contempt; contumelious or opprobrious language toward any person; abusive reflections; as, severe reproach.
- To attribute blame to; to allege something disgraceful against; to charge with a fault; to censure severely or contemptuously; to upbraid.
- To come back to, or come home to, as a matter of blame; to bring shame or disgrace upon; to disgrace.
persecute, lambaste, abuse, wrong, objection, injure, praise, upbraid, prostitute, misuse, harm, shame, victimize, slander, maltreat, aggrieve, rail at, pervert, molest, damage, vituperate, ill-treat, ill-use, violate, reprove, revile, impose on _or_ oppress, attack, malign, tax, chew out, dress down, respect, bawl out, upon, misemploy, ravish, call down, rap, ruin.
- criticize (part of speech: verb)
- blame (part of speech: verb)
- disapproval (part of speech: noun)
- disapprove (part of speech: verb)
- accuse (part of speech: verb)
- criticism (part of speech: noun)
- accusation (part of speech: noun)