Definition of reproduce:
- To bring forward again; as, to reproduce a witness; to reproduce charges; to reproduce a play.
- To cause to exist again.
- To make an image or other representation of; to portray; to cause to exist in the memory or imagination; to make a copy of; as, to reproduce a person's features in marble, or on canvas; to reproduce a design.
- To produce again, by generation or the like; to cause the existence of ( something of the same class, kind, or nature as another thing); to generate or beget, as offspring; as, to reproduce a rose; some animals are reproduced by gemmation.
- To produce again.
vomit, disgorge, multiply, sire, photograph, cat, redo, reflect, manifold, be sick, fecundate, increase, simulate, record, recount, barf, mirror, regorge, upchuck, stereotype, type, run off, reproduction, chuck, reawaken, sick, reprint, reecho, spue, regurgitate, portray, revive, follow, procreate, throw up, propagate, puke, re-create, remake, spawn, spew, cast, father, same, breed, engender, hatch, proliferate, honk, retch, generate, beget, vomit up, impregnate, purge.
- duplicate (part of speech: verb)
- repeat (part of speech: verb)
- reproduce (part of speech: verb)
- print (part of speech: verb)
The actual point of division between these two things is not so easily determined as most people believe, but so much I have ascertained without a doubt, that, in order to reproduce Beethoven, one must produce with him."- "Great Violinists And Pianists", George T. Ferris.
- "At Large", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- "The King in Yellow", Robert W. Chambers.