Definition of republican:
- A member of the party.
- A South African weaver bird ( Philetaerus socius). These weaver birds build many nests together, under a large rooflike shelter, which they make of straw.
- Consonant with the principles of a republic; as, republican sentiments or opinions; republican manners.
- Of or pertaining to a republic.
- One who favors or prefers a republican form of government.
- The American cliff swallow. The cliff swallows build their nests side by side, many together.
conservative, elephant, autonomous, electoral, democratic, constitutional, Republican River, sovereign, popular, member of the Old Guard, representative, Old Line Republican, Young Republican, member of the GOP.
- "An Old Sailor's Yarns", Nathaniel Ames.
- "A Tale of Two Cities A Story of the French Revolution", Charles Dickens.
- "Kent Knowles: Quahaug", Joseph C. Lincoln.