Definition of repudiate:
cease, forsake, foreswear, give up, disown, surrender, discontinue, leave, forswear, relinquish, withdraw from, desert, accept, retire from, abandon, recant, cede, disacknowledge, resign, depart from, cast off, abdicate, vacate, discard, quit, spurn, disinherit, abjure, forego.
- exclude (part of speech: verb)
- deny (part of speech: verb)
- negate (part of speech: verb)
- refuse (part of speech: verb)
- confute (part of speech: verb)
- disagree (part of speech: verb)
- annul (part of speech: verb)
There exists, however, in Holland, at this moment, a group of young writers, most of them between thirty- five and twenty- five years of age who exhibit a violent zeal for literature, passing often into extravagance, who repudiate, sometimes with ferocity, the rather sleepy Dutch authorship of the last forty years, and who are held together, or crushed together, by the weight of antiquated taste and indifference to executive merit which they experience around them.- "Footsteps of Fate", Louis Couperus.
- "Erema My Father's Sin", R. D. Blackmore.
- "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.