Definition of repudiate :
1. To cast off; to disavow; to have nothing to do with; to renounce; to reject.
2. To divorce, put away, or discard, as a wife, or a woman one has promised to marry.
3. To refuse to acknowledge or to pay; to disclaim; as, the State has repudiated its debts.
cease, forsake, foreswear, give up, disown, surrender, discontinue, leave, forswear, relinquish, withdraw from, desert, accept, retire from, abandon, recant, cede, disacknowledge, resign, depart from, cast off, abdicate, vacate, discard, quit, spurn, disinherit, abjure, forego
exclude (part of speech: verb)
blackball, excise, evict, excommunicate, disqualify, ostracize, disallow, exile, exclude, extradite, prohibit, deport, remove, ignore, amputate, expel, blacklist, renounce, forbid, boycott, bar, ban, oust, proscribe, expatriate, relegate, disbar, banish, eject
deny (part of speech: verb)
negate (part of speech: verb)
refuse (part of speech: verb)
confute (part of speech: verb)
disagree (part of speech: verb)
annul (part of speech: verb)
delete, efface, divorce, eradicate, dismiss, refute, disavow, extinguish, eliminate, neutralize, retract, disaffirm, veto, obliterate, abnegate, negate, deny, withdraw, nullify, destroy, cancel, abolish, reject, revoke, invalidate, undo, disclaim, annul, dissolve
- There exists, however, in Holland, at this moment, a group of young writers, most of them between thirty- five and twenty- five years of age who exhibit a violent zeal for literature, passing often into extravagance, who repudiate, sometimes with ferocity, the rather sleepy Dutch authorship of the last forty years, and who are held together, or crushed together, by the weight of antiquated taste and indifference to executive merit which they experience around them. - "Footsteps of Fate", Louis Couperus.
- In a very little time I saw that people may repudiate law as well from being below as from being above it. - "Erema My Father's Sin", R. D. Blackmore.
- There was something coming to him on that account which a man could not repudiate or ignore. - "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.