Definition of reputation:
- Account; value.
- Specifically: Good reputation; favorable regard; public esteem; general credit; good name.
- The character imputed to a person in the community in which he lives. It is admissible in evidence when he puts his character in issue, or when such reputation is otherwise part of the issue of a case.
- The estimation in which one is held; character in public opinion; the character attributed to a person, thing, or action; repute.
theme, favor, spirit, report card, trustworthiness, composition, credit, story, repute, reliability, knowledge, honor, respect, temper, report, write up, status, study, dignity, regard, admiration, good report, record, paper, news report, prestige, respectability, genius, good name, written report, account, privilege, estimation, rep, name, eminence, constitution.
- character (part of speech: noun)
- reputation (part of speech: noun)
- "Quicksands", Adolph Streckfuss.
- "The Box with the Broken Seals", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.