Definition of request:
- A state of being desired or held in such estimation as to be sought after or asked for; demand.
- That which is asked for or requested.
- The act of asking for anything desired; expression of desire or demand; solicitation; prayer; petition; entreaty.
- To address with a request; to ask.
- To ask for ( something); to express desire ffor; to solicit; as, to request his presence, or a favor.
crave, postulate, point, predication, orison, suit, necessitate, require, pray, behest, bespeak, involve, postulation, recourse, ask, take, gather up, quest, offer, indicate, collect, bay, asking, call for, signal, petition, need, betoken, pick up.
- appeal (part of speech: verb)
- request (part of speech: verb)
- "The Legends Of King Arthur And His Knights", James Knowles.
- "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop", Hamlin Garland.
- "The Living Link", James De Mille.