Definition of rescue:
- The act of rescuing; deliverance from restraint, violence, or danger; liberation.
- The forcible liberation of a person from an arrest or imprisonment.
- The forcible retaking, or taking away, against law, of things lawfully distrained.
- The retaking by a party captured of a prize made by the enemy.
- To free or deliver from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil; to liberate from actual restraint; to remove or withdraw from a state of exposure to evil; as, to rescue a prisoner from the enemy; to rescue seamen from destruction.
render, turn in, air-sea rescue, release, feat, book, have, deliverance, fork out, delivery, bear, cannibalize, livery, return, extradite, salvage, achievement, fork up, fork over, business, reclaim, recover, business plan, reclamation, exploit, on the defensive, legal transfer, recovering, freeing, speech, lifesaving, saving, account, performance, protective, accomplishment, capacity, fiduciary, deed, bringing, heroism, defensive, ransom, hand over, emergency services, preservation, cede, pitch, present, deliver, deport, beauty parade, drive home, asset, birth, all hands on deck, brokerage, liberation, manner of speaking, economy, surrender, redeem, give birth, obstetrical delivery, redemption, broking, search and rescue, help, give up, precautionary.
- "Taken Alive", E. P. Roe.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Patricia Brent, Spinster", Herbert Jenkins.