Definition of resemblance :
1. A comparison; a simile.
2. Probability; verisimilitude.
3. That which resembles, or is similar; a representation; a likeness.
4. The quality or state of resembling; likeness; similitude; similarity.
proportion, uniformness, equilibrium, simile, parallelism, comparability, affinity, convergence, comparison, coincidence, correspondence, commonality, congruity, common denominator, study at likeness, same, uniformity, community, overlap, relation, parity
duplicate (part of speech: noun)
similarity (part of speech: noun)
imitation (part of speech: noun)
duplicate, travesty, burlesque, copy, sham, mirror, parody, echo, replication, impersonation, representation, counterfeit, mockery, duplication, carbon, portrayal, parallel, pseudo, reflection, reproduction, pretense, emulation, simulation, caricature, mimicry, spoof
- A slight personal resemblance between the Consul and the General had caused several persons to mistake them for each other. - "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- Was this mere chance, or how did you come by such a resemblance? - "The Ghost-Seer (or The Apparitionist), and Sport of Destiny", Frederich Schiller.
- If we do this, we may call any kind of argument an argument from analogy, for all inferences turn upon resemblance. - "Logic, Inductive and Deductive", William Minto.