Definition of resentment :
1. In a bad sense, strong displeasure; anger; hostility provoked by a wrong or injury experienced.
2. In a good sense, satisfaction; gratitude.
3. The act of resenting.
4. The state of holding something in the mind as a subject of contemplation, or of being inclined to reflect upon something; a state of consciousness; conviction; feeling; impression.
passion, virulency, displeasure, hate, freshness, rankling, tartness, thorniness, dudgeon, animus, feelings, fretfulness, rancour, rancorousness, resentfulness, impertinence, ruffled feathers, cheekiness, gall, bitter, peevishness, pettishness, embitterment, miff, jealousy, saddle sore, grudge, hurt, ill will, crust, acrimony, like, impatience, rage, fury, anger, outrage, impudence, huff, pain, insolence, temper, jaundice, choler
aggravation (part of speech: noun)
disturbance, inflammation, perturbation, arousal, exasperation, virulence, provocation, bedevilment, annoyance, ire, trouble, bother, enragement, aggravation, discomposure, scorn, petulance, torment, harassment, exacerbation
envy (part of speech: noun)
resentment (part of speech: noun)
hard feelings, acerbity, ill humor, soreness, rancor, pique, bitterness, offense, spite, bile, antagonism, huffiness, umbrage, envy, vexation, infuriation, sullenness, wrath, discontent, dissatisfaction, indignation, irritation
enmity (part of speech: noun)
contrariety, hostility, coldness, spitefulness, conflict, enmity, animosity, inharmoniousness, bad blood, unfriendliness, adverseness, dislike, antipathy, averseness, surliness, malice, coolness, tension, hatred, loathing, discordance, malevolence, friction, alienation, contention, combativeness, opposition, polarity, inimicality, incompatibility, quarrelsomeness
- " No, things don't blow over so easy with mother," said Jeff, with an embarrassed laugh, but no resentment. - "The Landlord at Lion's Head, Complete", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- When he spoke there was a shade of resentment in his voice. - "Revenge!", by Robert Barr.
- Oh, Adrian, it is a terrible thing to have put such resentment into a lad's heart. - "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.