Definition of residence:
- Subsidence, as of a sediment.
- That which falls to the bottom of liquors; sediment; also, refuse; residuum.
- The act or fact of residing, abiding, or dwelling in a place for some continuance of time; as, the residence of an American in France or Italy for a year.
- The place where anything rests permanently.
- The place where one resides; an abode; a dwelling or habitation; esp., a settled or permanent home or domicile.
- The residing of an incumbent on his benefice; - opposed to nonresidence.
hallway, abidance, dwelling house, dormitory, student residence, anteroom, manor hall, entrance hall, lobby, sign, headquarters, abode, mansion house, foyer, ingleside, hearth, residency, fireside, dig, mansion, vestibule, protection, dorm, domicil, conformity, hall, star sign, conformation, place, hearthstone, antechamber, manse, planetary house, sign of the zodiac, residence hall, apartment, compliance.
- house (part of speech: noun)
- presence (part of speech: noun)
- occupancy (part of speech: noun)
- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "The Mynns' Mystery", George Manville Fenn.