Definition of residue:
- Any positive or negative number that differs from a given number by a multiple of a given modulus; thus, if 7 is the modulus, and 9 the given number, the numbers - 5, 2, 16, 23, etc., are residues.
- That part of a testeator's estate wwhich is not disposed of in his will by particular and special legacies and devises, and which remains after payment of debts and legacies.
- That which remains after a part is taken, separated, removed, or designated; remnant; remainder.
- That which remains of a molecule after the removal of a portion of its constituents; hence, an atom or group regarded as a portion of a molecule; - used as nearly equivalent to radical, but in a more general sense.
oddment, leavings, counterbalance, repose, balance, difference, equaliser, respite, scale, residuum, proportionality, symmetricalness, rubble, wreck, symmetry, equipoise, end, proportion, balance wheel, ruin, crystal, dioxin, remains, ease, residual, eternal rest, counterpoise, ashes, rust, remainder, quietus, ruins, filtrate, distillate, rest, wreckage, relief, counterweight, sleep, litter, e-waste, eternal sleep, equalizer, correspondence, equilibrium, landfill, leftover, flotsam, odds and ends, relaxation, rest period.
- residual (part of speech: adjective)
- waste (part of speech: noun)
- residue (part of speech: noun)
- "The Psychology of Beauty", Ethel D. Puffer.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.
- "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.