Definition of resignation :
1. The act of resigning or giving up, as a claim, possession, office, or the like; surrender; as, the resignation of a crown or comission.
2. The state of being resigned or submissive; quiet or patient submission; unresisting acquiescence; as, resignation to the will and providence of God.
leniency, calmness, patience, demission, departure, resistance, fall, humility, keep, endurance, composure, long-suffering, waiver, giving up, accept, yielding, quitclaim, tolerance, forbearance, fortitude, sufferance, docility
abandonment (part of speech: noun)
relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
resignation (part of speech: noun)
compliance (part of speech: noun)
conformity, obeisance, homage, deference, acquiescence, meekness, fulfillment, consent, compliance, assent, submission, respect, obedience, willingness, affirmation, concurrence, fealty, conformance, observance, submissiveness, servility, agreement, adherence, genuflection
- Daniel Burton, with a helpless gesture that expressed embarrassment, dismay, bewilderment, and resignation, threw up both hands and settled back in his chair. - "Dawn", Eleanor H. Porter.
- " As the young lady pleases," said the old man, with a look of resignation. - "The Golden House", Mrs. Woods Baker.
- With the same left hand she made a gesture of resignation. - "Greener Than You Think", Ward Moore.