Definition of resistant:
repelling, loathsome, large-minded, nonabsorptive, loathly, wicked, foul, tolerant, immune, impervious, defiant, noncompliant, revolting, renitent, skanky, yucky, distasteful, disgusting, patient of, insusceptible, nonabsorbent, rebarbative, imperviable, resist, opposing, resisting, repellent, resistive, unsusceptible, liberal, unyielding, proof, insubordinate, tight, disgustful, kind, repellant, broad.
- contentious (part of speech: adjective)
- resistant (part of speech: adjective)
- defiant (part of speech: adjective)
Discipline is then generally identified with drill; and drill is conceived after the mechanical analogy of driving, by unremitting blows, a foreign substance into a resistant material; or is imaged after the analogy of the mechanical routine by which raw recruits are trained to a soldierly bearing and habits that are naturally wholly foreign to their possessors.- "How We Think", John Dewey.
- "The Forest Habitat of the University of Kansas Natural History Reservation", Henry S. Fitch Ronald L. McGregor.
- "The Readjustment", Will Irwin.