Definition of resolution :
1. A breaking up, disappearance; or termination, as of a fever, a tumor, or the like.
2. That which is resolved or determined; a settled purpose; determination. Specifically: A formal expression of the opinion or will of an official body or a public assembly, adopted by vote; as, a legislative resolution; the resolutions of a public meeting.
3. The act or process of solving; solution; as, the resolution of an equation or problem.
4. The act, operation, or process of resolving. Specifically: ( a) The act of separating a compound into its elements or component parts. ( b) The act of analyzing a complex notion, or solving a vexed question or difficult problem.
5. The passing of a dissonant into a consonant chord by the rising or falling of the note which makes the discord.
6. The state of being relaxed; relaxation.
7. The state of being resolved or firm in opinion or thought; conviction; assurance.
8. The state of being resolved, settled, or determined; firmness; steadiness; constancy; determination.
law of closure, block, termination, root, colonization, resultant, cloture, answer, dissolvent, presentation, solution, resolving power, conclusion, courage, stop, occlusion, endurance, resolvent, promise, soundness, consequence, resultant role, solving, willpower, commitment, interpretation, colony, response, closedown, steadiness, heroism, announcement, effect, reply, declaration, shutdown, elucidation, event, decidedness, solvent, blockage, resoluteness, intention, firmness, analysis, resolve, will, recitation, dissolver, annunciation, settlement, purpose, proclamation, issue, certain, assertion, resolving, contract, colonisation, upshot, gag rule, purposefulness, closing, liquidation, outcome, decide, recommendation, closure, dissolving agent, small town, gag law, firmness of purpose, exposition, stoppage, final result, strong, village, result
judgement (part of speech: noun)
resolution (part of speech: noun)
bullheadedness, faithfulness, diligence, moxie, courageousness, boldness, headstrongness, trueness, perseverance, indefatigability, pluck, tirelessness, devotion, heartiness, dauntlessness, fervency, steadfastness, indomitability, staunchness, decisiveness, spunk, backbone, persistence, stamina, stubbornness, toughness, tenacity, bravery, sand, stoniness, fortitude, grit