Definition of resound:
- Return of sound; echo.
- To be echoed; to be sent back, as sound.
- To be filled with sound; to ring; as, the woods resound with song.
- To be mentioned much and loudly.
- To echo or reverberate; to be resonant; as, the earth resounded with his praise.
- To praise or celebrate with the voice, or the sound of instruments; to extol with sounds; to spread the fame of.
- To sound loudly; as, his voice resounded far.
- To throw back, or return, the sound of; to echo; to reverberate.
laud, emblazon, resile, extol, rebound, surround, noise, bound, carol, buzz, ring, glorify, border, telephone, echo, rumble, band, ricochet, skirt, recoil, knell, recall, environ, peal, hymn, celebrate, take a hop, reverberate, grumble, purr, spring, sounds, repeat, roar, murmur, hum, bounce, make noise, pulsate, sound, bless, call up, magnify, reflect, call, reecho, phone, exalt.
- "Dante: His Times and His Work", Arthur John Butler.
- "The Memoirs of Louis XV. and XVI., Volume 2 Being Secret Memoirs of Madame du Hausset, Lady's Maid to Madame de Pompadour, and of an Unknown English Girl and The Princess Lamballe", Madame du Hausset, and of an Unknown English Girl and the Princess Lamballe.
- "The Niagara River", Archer Butler Hulbert.